The Director, Organizational Development is a critical member of Metagenics global HR Leadership team and will drive Metagenics organizational and digital transformation strategy as we scale for growth.
This exceptional and autonomous leader is a passionate change agent with demonstrated success leading large-scale organizational transformation and culture change. They develop, design and deliver leadership development and learning programs that clearly align and support strategic business objectives; fostering high performance teams and embedding a culture of speed and empowerment.
This position reports to the Global Chief HR Officer with a core focus on supporting the North America business, and strong collaboration with other regions to share best practice and leadership development approaches (Asia, ANZ, EMEA).Responsibilities:
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and deploy Metagenics global learning strategy by partnering with the C-Suite, Senior Leadership teams and Local L&D/HR teams
- Design and embed an organizational change agenda that supports the business transformation strategy in North America
- Partner with North America leaders to identify critical capability needs that drive the business strategy, and then design and deploy targeted learning and development solutions to address these gaps
- Lead and elevate our global approach to talent management and succession planning to increase retention of top talent
- Work with global HR team to embed and continually elevate the way we integrate Metagenics Global Capability Model in all learning, development and employee lifecycle journeys
- Partner with internal talent function to identify and own other talent retention initiatives that are linked to learning and development, and succession opportunities
- Own the delivery and enhancement of our internal Learning Academy which delivers programs across the globe via virtual, hybrid and traditional methods
- Partner with C-Suite to own and lead the annual Global Development Track program (fast-track, intensive leadership development programs for top talent)
- Work strategically and maintain a pulse on the culture and engagement of our workforce, to then anticipate training and development needs and respond by providing adequate learning solutions
- Measure effectiveness and utilization of learning initiatives by implementing solutions to gather feedback and data – then use these findings to take a continuous improvement approach to continually improve and refine approach
- Raise awareness and commitment to learning by engaging Metagenics Internal Communications Team to drive help develop creative learning campaigns
- Identify ways to continuously improve learning programs and tie programs to the company’s strategic goals
- Support internal communications and talent teams by providing guidance and support on activities driving culture, change or talent retention
- Design and develop course content, instructor and participant materials, including performance support materials
What you’ll need:
The ideal candidate has change management experience and an accomplished corporate in-house training and development background with experience working with all levels of leadership, and a proven track record of designing, delivering, managing and tracking training and development programs across all levels of a global organization.
Experience / Training / Education
- BA/BS; Graduate Degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years of experience working in Employee and Leadership Development, including change management and talent management
- High level of emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to adjust own style in order to partner and build trust at all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in essential computer programs including LMS, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Acrobat, and SharePoint
- A confident training facilitator and public speaker
- Exceptional learning design and content development skills – your presentations and training programs are engaging
- Change management frameworks. Prosci/ADKAR certified advantageous.
- Instructional Strategies and Learning Assessments
- eLearning techniques, learning software and technology
- Workplace training and education; organizational development practices; and ability to use knowledge and skills to plan effective organizational interventions.
- Experience using a variety of organizational and individual aptitude, skill and competency assessment techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate and role model Metagenics corporate values at a consistently high standard
- Demonstrated performance in leadership development strategy, design and implementation
- Proven track record of successfully implementing talent management programs
- Ability to execute on multiple projects with extensive detail coordination and program management
- Demonstrated ability to translate business strategies into critical talent & workforce strategies/initiatives
- Exemplary communication, influencing, consulting, and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of personality types
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- A passionate team player
- Ability to manage details and provide appropriate follow-up to ensure full internal and external department satisfaction
- Flexibility to attend meetings outside of normal working hours is required based on the global nature of this role
- Occasional travel to offices and distribution centers throughout North America, plus travel to offices worldwide (once per year) may be required – estimated 5-10% travel time.
- Drives personal vehicle to appointments; maintains a personal car insurance policy. Driving record must meet Company requirements
- Travels by car and air on behalf of business
- Meets all applicable safety requirements for the position and work environment
- Completes other duties as assigned
Physical requirements/working conditions:
- Sits at a computer station, meeting table or work desk for more than two-thirds of each day
- Stands and walks to other stations and departments throughout the day
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment most of the day
- May stoop or crouch to access files or storage
- Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses
- Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and especially via the telephone
- Lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; lifts 25 pounds occasionally
- Exposed to noise levels typical of office environments
The current range for this role based out of Aliso Viejo, CA is $200,000/yr – $221,000/yr.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Health and Wellness:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Annual employer HSA (Health Savings Account) funding for eligible employees who elect an HSA medical plan
- STD, LTD, Basic Life AD&D coverage
- 401k + employer matching
- Free mental health resources through wayForward
- Vacation and Sick Time
- 2 Volunteer Days off per year
- Emergency evacuation time off
- 11 paid company holidays
- 1 Floating holiday to celebrate your birthday or important religious/holiday to you
- Quarterly product allowance to use towards your favorite Metagenics products!
- Product discount
- Peer to peer recognition programs & more!