We are a leading specialty retailer of casual apparel, footwear and accessories for young men, young women, boys and girls with an extensive assortment of iconic global, emerging, and proprietary brands rooted in an active and social lifestyle. We are based out of sunny Southern California at the Tilly’s RSC. You’ll hear the term RSC a lot, it stands for Retail Support Center since our corporate offices are here to support our retail and online stores.
Working at Tillys allows you to experience a new style of work life. Our work culture is fun and relaxed. We encourage you to be you and that means you should be comfortable. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code and a fun, fast paced work environment where creative minds work together to achieve common goals. As a part of the team you’ll contribute towards and share in our success. A career at Tillys is all about working together to make things happen… so what are you waiting for?
The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing a training strategy that supports career development and productivity improvement for our employees. This position will assess company-wide developmental needs with a focus on the Merchandising and Buying department. They will drive training initiatives and will identify and arrange training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate and enhance performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops learning and development programs and objectives
- Assesses employee development needs and defines appropriate resources and processes to support learning
- Develops unique training programs to support the development of our merchandising/buying department and their employee’s
- Obtains and/or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media
- Documents existing internal processes and procedures to create training materials
- Creates and updates training procedure manuals, user guides, and learning materials
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors, and others involved in employee development efforts (train the trainer)
- Maintains records of training and development activities and conducts follow-up studies of completed training to evaluate and measure results
- Designs and facilitates management and employee development training courses
- Modifies programs to support changes in priority and organizational changes.
- Works effectively with members of management and human resources to create effective learning programs
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in learning and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Previous retail industry experience with a strong merchandising/buying background a plus
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proven skills in project management with a results-oriented sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in instructional design, development, delivery and evaluation preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Bonus eligible
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits … vision is fully paid by us!
- Employee Discount online and in-store
- Discount on numerous attractions, travel and events
- Employee Sample Sale
- Relaxed work environment … wear what we sell in our stores
- 40 hours paid sick time granted on day 1!
- Fitness and wellness events virtually or at the office